Common Name: Dwarf Umbrella Tree, Hawaiian Umbrella Tree Plant, Dwarf Hawaiian Schefflera, Australian Ivy Palm, Umbrella Plant, Octopus Tree, Parasol Plant, Starleaf
Botanical Name: Schefflera arbicola
- Watering: grow best in moist soil (but not wet), overwatering – leaves of the plant turn yellow, under watering – the leaves of plant droop. The best way to water the plant when you see the top of the soil is dry.
- Light: Prefer bright in-direct sunlight (direct sunlight will burn the leaves), remain healthy but grow more slowly and become leggy in medium-to-low light
- Temperature: Grows well in average room temperatures between 60 – 75 °F (15 – 24°C) but no lower than 55F (13C) or higher than 75°F (24°C). Avoid sudden temperature drops and cold drafts.
- Fertilizer: don’t need regular fertilizer, but for faster growth, you can give your plant a standard diluted plant fertilizer once a month during the summer.
- Pruning: Schefflera that get too big or leggy can be pruned back, cut back as much as you like with this plant and it will bring new growth back, during spring.
- Flower: do regularly in nature but not indoor.
- Pests & Diseases: Schefflera plants are not often bothered by pests or disease, but it can happen occasionally. If your schefflera has pests, this is likely a sign it is either getting too little light or too much water.